Writing a blog post is a good way to share your experience, express your opinion or promote your products and services. But when you want to expand readers and reach out to more people to showcase your products and services, you need to find ways to encourage people to share your blog posts.
The more shares a blog post gets, the more search engines will deem it rank worthy – pushing up your SEO efforts. If you hire an SEO company Melbourne they will be able to take care of this for you, but if you want to run your own site then here are some influential ways to get people to share your business blog posts:
Invest In Your Website Blog Content
If you want people to read and ultimately share your website’s blog posts, you have to provide content that is valuable, engaging and share worthy. Consider the following when investing in your website blog content:
- Make sure you write about relevant topics, offering a unique and original spin on them
- Write content that engages with readers by encouraging participation and triggering call to actions
- Use factual information that adds value to the opinions and lifestyle of readers
- Use keywords (without overstuffing into the post) that resonate well with readers
- Research and write about trending topics related to your business
- Write blog posts for readers and not search engines
If people don’t like what you’re saying, they won’t waste time reading it themselves and are even less likely to share it. But if they find that it adds value to their lives, they will likely share it on their own pages – giving you an ‘in’ with a whole new set of readers.
Simply Ask For Social Media Shares
Many businesses overlook how important it is to simply ask a reader to share the blog post on their social media pages. A little bit of self-promotion can take you a long way when it comes to encouraging reader action. Sometimes people need a little push and getting them to share your blog on social media will help you drive organic traffic to your website. Consider the following:
- Make sure your blog can easily be shared on social media through social sharing buttons
- Create a call-to-action statement that asks people to share your blog on their social media pages
- Create buzz for the blog post on your own social pages by getting readers engaged through debates and discussions
When you ask people to share your blog post, you’re more likely to be successful than if you didn’t. Ultimately, the more people share your blog posts, the better your SEO ranking will be over time.
Make The Blog Attractive Using Images, Videos And Infographics
Keep in mind that people don’t have long attention spans. They want short and concise content when surfing through the Internet for information. If you write long, texty blog posts, readers will overlook them for more visually attractive pieces. That’s why it is important to use images, videos and infographics to break up the monotony of plain text. Consider the following:
- Use images that are relevant to your blog post for continuity – avoid overdoing it because you don’t want to lose the authenticity of information you provide
- Create images , videos and infographics that can be shared on social media pages
- Use fonts that attract readers to your blog posts when describing images and providing information
A visually attractive blog post is much more likely to get shared on social media than a heavy text one so you’ll want to ensure that you make it as appealing as possible to your target audience.
Add Incentives For People To Share And Engage With Your Blog Post
While you need to converse with your audience by providing relevant content, your ultimate goal is to get them to share your pages on social media which is why an incentive to do so can work well for your business. Consider the following:
- Offer freebies for your products and services in exchange for a share
- Get people to participate in debates and competitions and reward them with gift cards
- Get your readers to answer questions related to your blog post on social media and provide discount codes in return
Incentives are a good way to get people to share your content and engage with your brand online.
You ultimately want people to connect actively with your content in order to build your SEO rankings. But you can only do this if you provide value through your content.
Don’t forget to like and share this post!